Friday, October 2, 2009

M.I.A.

Oh, how long it has been. Things have been a little crazy on the coasts. I do apologize for the lack of activity. Today's post is dedicated to one of my favorite new party places: The Castro. To date, my after-sundown outings have been largely relegated to the Marina. Oh, Marina, how I love to hate you. It's like one giant frat part for grown-ups. (that being said, Marina Lounge is a very low-key, supremely un-pretentious bar that I would move into if they took credit cards)

But my last two times out dancing have been with a couple of my faves - Sandy & Ron - to the Castro. As a small-town girl from Texas, I feel like I see something to call home about every time I go down there. This weekend was no exception. I stepped out of the cab, and started wandering up the street to find Harvey's, where I was meeting everyone. First thing I see? A naked man. Just chillin'. (and it was chilly out). It just got better from there - lots o' leather (It was Folsom Street Fair last weekend) & the most fabulous drag queens you ever did see.

After we got kicked out of Harvey's at closing time, we headed over to The Endup. It's open to the wee hours of the morning, if you haven't gotten your dance fix by 2am. Both times I've been there, the crowd is nothing short of awesome. SFGate calls it a "low-frills down-and-dirty disco". Which it is. And the back patio is heaven when you've been dancing your tail feather off all night & need a breath of fresh air to catch your second (0r fifth) wind.

So. Here's to staying busy, nights on the town, and seeing things that your father wouldn't approve of!

Have a happy weekend, everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment