Sunday, July 12, 2009

New Old Joynt


After my recent relocation to Pac Heights, I've been spending as much time as I can exploring my new neighborhood. Whole Foods & BevMo were, of couse, first stops. But I was taking the 47 Van Ness to the Giants' game last week and noticed this atrocity of a building 2 blocks away. And of course I knew I had to go. I mean, it SCREAMS fun. It's got "cocktails" in the name for crissakes. Turns out, it's also a San Francisco landmark. And if you think the outside is busy, you should see the inside.

So! Tonight I went. And they had brisket on the menu. Don't get me wrong, I love a nice restaraunt with cloth napkins and waiters and all, but sometimes there is nothing better to me than a plate of brisket served out of a cafeteria-style serving line. I am from Texas, after all.

I highly recommend the dinner plate. Ten bucks gets you a choice of meat (alot of it!), side, & choice of salad. The food definitely did not disappoint. Although, I would skip the bbq sauce. It was very molasses-y and more a gravy consistency than a bbq sauce consistency.

Next time, I'll have to try this joynt's cocktails.

photo via themenupage.com


No comments:

Post a Comment