Sunday, June 21, 2009

I'm no expert, but...

So, yesterday was a fun-filled day of new adventures in the Bay Area. After a long day at Great America, J & I were waayy to tired/lazy to cook. So we wandered up to Chestnut to find something to eat. I said, "I would like Greek or Indian" (random, I know). Being the Marina, there is little Indian to be had, but we'd decided that's what we wanted, and J thought she remembered seeing a place. And behold! Ashoka!



The atmosphere was a little strange...for one, we were the only table in there for about 10 minutes, until a pair of guys came in. Secondly, it was extremely dark. I'm wondering if passers-by just thought it was closed?



Anyway, we started with Samosas (of course) & shared the Murgh Malai Kabab (chicken tandoori dish) & Ghosh Madras. The food was AMAZING. The lamb curry was so spicy my nose was running & the chicken and amazing flavor. It was also extremely juicy - not dry like some tandoori chicken I've had in the past.



I think Tabla in Foster City is still my favorite (the Bollywood movies make it), but for a neighborhood where the standard dress code is Frat Party Chic, I think Ashoka is quite acceptable.

No comments:

Post a Comment