Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Martha. I heart her.

Having lived with me for a year, SB can attest to my love of baking & crafts.  In other words, when I grow up I want to be Martha Stewart...only with better clothes and less jail time.  

So, while not specifically about CA or NY, I couldn't resist a post about Martha Stewart's new book, Cupcakes.   The book is a follow-up to her highly successful Cookies, and features 175 ideas for cupcake recipes, decorations & themes.  You can buy the book directly from Martha's website now.  Boston Cream Pie cupcakes?  Genius Martha, pure genius.

For those of you who prefer these delicous treats ready-to-eat, I can't reccommend Kara's Cupcakes enough.  There are 2 locations in SF (5 in the Bay Area).  Though, I'd avoid the Ghirardelli Square location unless you 1. are a tourist, or 2. really like tourists.  New Yorkers - since I cannot provide suggestions based on personal experience, Martha herself recommends Magnolia Bakery to satisfy your sweet tooth.

Happy cupcaking!

No comments:

Post a Comment