Wednesday, June 3, 2009

It's Better in the Hamptons


You know it's summer in the city when everyone from Billy Joel to Upper Eastsiders to your snotty next door neighbor talk about Mecca aka The Hamptons. While doing my Hamptons summer research (black or green bikini? How do you make a mojito? Where are the best places to spot celebs?) I came across a truly unique find. Allow me to introduce you to Day & Night Beach Club, a brunch of all brunches if you will. It's your usual brunch routine with plenty of champagne, delicious eggs benedict but with a little water and tanned skin thrown in. Think of it as an all day pool party for grown ups. Here's how to envision it: a peaceful, sandy expanse, a pool filled with floating beach balls, waiters in white polos pushing around carts of rosé, a smattering of cabanas, trays full of spicy bloody marys, oversized sunglasses, plenty of Ralph Lauren (the chinos and, perhaps, the man), champagne bottles (complete with obligatory sparklers), the buzz of inebriation begins to spread, and then finally eruption of dancing in the cabanas.

I know where I will be spending my summer. Now I know why they call it Mecca.


Day & Night Beach Club 281 County Road 39A Southampton, NY 11968

631-731-3309

No comments:

Post a Comment