Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Maxi Dress: Do or Don't?


I'm going to a baby shower this weekend and have no idea what to wear. I want to wear a dress but I don't want anything that's too conservative and dull, and I don't want to to scream party girl sexy either. I want something fun with a touch of flirty and a whole lotta comfort. While browsing my favorite shopping sites, I couldn't help but notice how maxi dresses seem to be all the rage for the summer. While I must admit, the long flowly frocks look comfortable and very pretty on the models and celebs online, I wonder if they are as pretty in real life? Something tells me I'd look too dumpy or like I was wearing a nightgown if I wore one. And most importantly, what shoes would I wear? I feel like I'd trip all over the place if I wore heels with the long dress, and that's just downright tacky at a baby shower. Then again, it just seems like the perfect thing to thrown on in the summer without too much thought. I'm torn. Do I maxi?

1 comment:

  1. If you do it right, I think the maxi is a perfect summer dress. I'd say pair with some cute wedges or sandals: http://www.bluefly.com/Jimmy-Choo-purple-metallic-nappa-Plush-rhinestone-sandals/cat20460/302884301/detail.fly

    ReplyDelete